- Do immediately inform your employer of the accident.
- Do tell your doctor about all body parts involved.
- Do keep your doctor appointments and follow his treatment advice.
- Do ask about having your own doctor authorized to treat you if you are not satisfied with the employer's doctor.
- Do seek legal representation if you do not get to see your own doctor.
- Do seek legal representation if there is delay in payments while you are unable to work.
If you would like to schedule a initial consultation contact an Kansas workers' compensation attorney, representing clients in Overland Park at McCullough, Wareheim & LaBunker, P.A. Give us a call at (785) 233-2362 or complete our inquiry form.
- Don't forget to tell your employer you think you had an accident.
- Don't assume that because you were previously hurt in the same area of the body that you do not have a claim for workers' compensation.
- Don't assume that because you previously settled a workers' compensation claim you have no benefits for a new injury.
- Don't assume that because your injury was not sudden, but was caused by the wear and tear of your employment, that you do not have a claim.
- Don't be afraid of being fired or mistreated for filing a claim.
- Don't work beyond your physical limitations.
- Don't assume that because you only worked a short time, or your employer went out of business, that you have no claim.
- Don't settle your claim without knowing your rights.
- Don't be afraid to seek legal advice if you have questions about your claim. Remember, the insurance carrier is not considering your best interests.
On behalf of McCULLOUGH, WAREHEIM & LaBUNKER, P.A. we hope this material will be of benefit to you in answering your questions relative to work-related injuries. This material is a part of an ongoing commitment by McCULLOUGH, WAREHEIM & LaBUNKER, P.A. to unions, their members, and injured workers in the State of Kansas.Contact one of our Kansas work injury lawyers representing clients in Overland Park, Kansas (and throughout the State of Kansas) today to schedule your initial consultation.